References - Projects
Most of my work is confidential and can't be used as reference or published here. Every once in a while, however, I get to translate other material than contracts or technical documents:
Sourcebook of Aerospace in Baden-Württemberg
In March 2018, I got to participate in the translation work for the updated edition of the Aerspace Sourcebook of Baden-Württemberg.
Photo book about the Heilbronn and Hohenlohe region
A great book with excellent photos that show the beauty of this region around Heilbronn and Hohenlohe. Descriptions and background information in German, English, and French.
Brochures by ClusterAgentur Baden-Württemberg
All of the above brochures issued by the ClusterAgentur, a service provider for the cluster initiatives and regional networks in Baden-Wuerttemberg who assists the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing in implementing the objectives of Baden-Wuertemberg's cluster policy, were translated for Michel Tradukservo.
Voice-over projects are nice for a change - almost like watching TV - completely different from translating such logical constructions as contracts: PVS corporate video
New mentoring project
From June 2015 to May 2017 I acted as a mentor in the German Translators Association's mentoring programme (Baden-Württemberg section) because it helps and is fun too. And I can learn a lot as well :)
Source book of fibre-based materials
Allianz Faserbasierter Werkstoffe Baden-Württemberg e.V. published a source book of fibre-based materials to give an overview of competencies and applications in this sector. Ready for download now at the AFBW website.
Electric mobility sourcebook
The sourcebook of electric mobility in Baden-Württemberg is available in English too. Click here ...
- Fachkonferenz Sprache & Recht, Oktober 2017, Hannover
- Introduction to editing, March 2017, Ludwigshafen
- Webinar series on German legal language, February-March 2017
- UK company law (2 days), November 2016, Mainz
- German and International Tax Law - Concepts, Terminology, and Resources, October 2016, Karlsruhe
- UK real estate law (2 days), March 2016, Karlsruhe
- UK procedural law (2 days), November 2015, Ludwigshafen
- Introduction to the UK legal system, 2 days, March 2015, Karlsruhe
- Terminology management: basics and tools, November 2014, Cologne
- Translating and interpreting for authorities and courts, May 2014, Karlsruhe
- Legal Terminology for Translators - The Law of Contract, February 2014, Karlsruhe
- Trados Studio, November 2010, Heidelberg
- Comparison of legal systems Germany - UK - USA, legal terminology for translators of English and German, November 2009, Esslingen
- Stylistic traps in technical English - and solutions, October 2009, Frankfurt
- Use MS Word more efficiently, June 2008, Stuttgart
- Contract translations German and English, Oktober 2006, Cologne